Bruno “Patchworks” Hovart is definitely a name to remember if you’re interested in today’s groove music scene. After playing as a bassist and guitarist for various bands, he started producing in the mid-nineties and has kept on mixing today’s technologies with the raw spirits of Disco, Funk, Soul & Jazz music’s golden years since then.
Following the trail of success left by his projects such as Mr President, Uptown Funk Empire, The Dynamics or Metropolitan Jazz Affair, Patchworks proved his musical ubiquity album after album and unexpectedly stroke in various genres.
Teaming up again with label Favorite Recordings for this new solo effort, he transforms himself into Patchworks Galactic Project, inviting us for a fantastic musical trip called “Space”: a special project influenced by the 20th century’s myth about travelling, exploring, living, and even loving in Space! This release is also his first album under the name Patchworks.
From David Bowie’s “Space Oddity”, to Jean Pierre Massiera’s works at Studio Antibes, through Air’s discography, Patrick Adams’ “Cloud One”, or “La Planete Sauvage” by Alain Goraguer, this album follows a long time tradition of cosmic cinematic music!
From the first note to the last, “Space” remains loyal to all these influences, while also featuring Electro, House, Disco, Pop and Fusion influences that has established the Patchworks’ touch – a classic sound with a contemporary approach to music.
- Patrick Adams: “Can’t remember the last time I sat and listened to an album from first note to last.”
- Lefto (Studio Brussel, Brownswood / Worldwide Festival): “Love this galactic voyage, synths sounding big!!!”
- Laurent Garnier (Le Mouv) : « Bien fun, melodic , old school pop/funk »
- Gilles Peterson (Brownswood): “Will follow…”
- Nickodemus (Turntables on the Hudson): “So excited to get an entire album of Patchworks! I expect a classic album as always!”
- Robert Luis (Tru Thoughts): “Sounding good.”
- Simbad (Various / Brownswood / Worldwide): “Looking forward to hear that closely. Nice 1”
- Miles Bonny (Innatesounds // Artist // Dj // Blogger): “I love Patchwork. Well done. Dope shit!”
- DJ Rahdu (bamalovesoul.com): “Fantastic!”